Work with Us
We welcome suitable applications to our institution.
We are regularly looking for an experienced, full-time project manager to join our multicultural and creative working environment.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
• Under the guidance of the Artistic Director, implement and execute exhibition-related planning and management in line with TACB’s positioning and development concept. All the duties are to be performed throughout the whole exhibition process, from conception to production and installation, including the opening and closing events, public programs, and removal of exhibitions.
• Develop teamwork and provide coordination among actors involved in the exhibition production process, such as curators, artists, researchers, art production companies, equipment rental companies, technicians, and exhibitors, to realize the exhibition concept. Ensure that all the work can be completed on time, with the highest quality.
• Control the work’s progress and the budget, effectively deal with problems that may arise during the preparation and production of exhibitions and maintain a positive and good working relationship with the whole team.
• Identify, build and maintain relationships with potential project partners.
• Monitor the receipts and disbursements for budget control; keep the bookkeeping up to date and comply with administrative requirements.
• Other tasks related to exhibitions and projects, and the daily work of the institution.
• A master’s degree in art, cultural management, and other related majors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and related data management software. Experience with Sketchup, Photoshop would be ideal.
• Chinese (native speaker level), English (advanced and professional level), German (Intermediate or advanced level).
• More than five years of project management work experience in art institutions, non-profit galleries, biennales, or other similar organizations with an international background.
• Currently holds a valid European / German residence permit and work visa.
Please send an email with the subject “Project Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter (in English). Please include current employment and visa status, availability, and possible start date.
We are regularly looking for enthusiastic volunteers (student internship) to join our multicultural and creative working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting day-to-day management of the exhibition space
• General administrative tasks & organisation
• Assisting visitor relations
• Currently enrolled student, preferably after 5th semester
• Working proficiency in German and English is required. Proficiency in Chinese is desirable.
• Background in i.e. Cultural Management, Cultural Studies, Museology, Sinology or Management
• Affinity and interest in administrative work within an art institution. Experience in administrative processes is desirable.
• Experience with MS Office, Apple, Adobe Photoshop and social media
You should have a strong interest in contemporary art, eager to learn about all aspects of exhibition making and the administration of an international non-profit exhibition space – a special interest in Chinese art and culture is a plus. Detail-oriented, proactive working attitude, as well as excellent organizational skills are welcome. The working languages are English and German. A proficiency in Chinese and basic translation skills is desirable.
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email with the subject „Volunteer Application“, to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter (in English). Please include current student status, availability, and possible start date.
About Times Art Center Berlin:
Founded by the Guangdong Times Museum in 2018, Times Art Center Berlin (TACB) is the first parallel institution to have been set up overseas by an Asian art museum. Located in Berlin-Mitte, TACB operates as an autonomous non-profit organization, which dedicates itself to exploring and experimenting with new models of Asian institutions of contemporary art through various forms of art production, such as exhibitions, commissions, publications, lectures, public programs, and institutional collaborations.
Embracing ideas of diversity, multiculturalism, and interconnectivity, TACB is particularly involved with artists from Asia, and art practices related to Asian nomadic cultures. With Berlin as its base for research and experiments, TACB provides a platform for global contemporary art practices and research-based academic conversations. It encourages a trajectory of development through exploring “new institutional geographies”, which are borderless and transcultural, with a view to re-envisaging an understanding of Asian contemporary art in a global context. At the same, Times Art Center Berlin is committed to strengthening the diversity, mobility, and public interest of Berlin’s art scene. In an evolving world that is constantly bringing new geographical challenges, TACB, with its experimental model, and with knowledge-sharing, academic research and public participation as its core values, can better respond to the needs created by international cultural development and changes.