Work with Us
1. Internship Opportunity
We are seeking an intern to join our multicultural and creative working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting and learning about all aspects of exhibition coordination and production
• Assisting day-to-day management of the exhibition space
• General administrative tasks
• Assisting visitor relations and art mediation
• Assisting communication and special projects
• Currently enrolled student, preferably after 5th semester
• Proficiency in German and English is required. Proficiency in Chinese is desirable.
• Background in i.e. Art History, Cultural Management, Cultural Studies, Museology, Sinology or Visual Arts
• Experience with MS Office, Apple, Adobe Photoshop and social media
You should have a strong interest in contemporary art, eager to learn about all aspects of exhibition making and the administration of a non-profit exhibition space – a special interest in Chinese art and culture is a plus. Detail-oriented, proactive working attitude, as well as excellent organizational skills are welcome. The working languages are English and German. A proficiency in Chinese and basic translation skills is desirable.
To apply, please send an email with the subject „Intern Application“, to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter (in English). Please include current student status, availability, and possible start date.
About Times Art Center Berlin:
Founded by the Guangdong Times Museum in 2018, Times Art Center Berlin is the first parallel institution set up overseas by an Asian art museum. It operates as an autonomous nonprofit organization and dedicates itself to developing new models of a contemporary art institution, through exhibitions, productions, public programs, and collaborative projects. Located in Mitte, Times Art Center Berlin has embraced diversity, multiculturalism and connectivity, with a special focus on underrepresented artists and art practices from Asia since its inauguration. It aims to provide a platform for a wide range of contemporary art practices and research-based discourses.
It encourages cross-border and transnational initiatives beyond the “East-West” dichotomy and promotes the aesthetics and visions of “New Institutional Geographies” established by the Guangdong Times Museum: a research-based trajectory that re-envisions the understanding of Asian contemporary art in a global context. In doing so, Times Art Center Berlin strives to contribute to the diversity of Berlin’s art-world ecosystem.